Perfectly worksafe unless there is a problem with two clothed dudes cuddling. Which would be a damn shame because God, that one is just perfect. *flail*
Post a single sentence extract from each WIP you have (or as many as you want to pick). No context, no explanations.
Hot doggies, let’s see what I’ve got here on Ye Thumb Drive… (okay, some of these may be slightly longer than one actual sentence, sue me)
- “No. …I said no, and that’s final. Look, you know how I feel about radio. You remember what happened last time. I am not going to do it. No way.”
- Fat and full and white as Wonder bread, and now that I could see that I could see sprinklings of stars around it, and there was a wispy little cloud scooting just under it, I could see it moving, and this was totally not stained glass, this was the honest-to-God night sky I was looking at, at half past noon while sunlight was pouring into every other window in the house.
- I’d just finished wrapping up our breakfast tacos when the funny pages tried to stab me to death.
- “You are not going into a nest of demons, Western or otherwise, with Ray!”
- Yani slapped her forehead and said something in Regulan–Tom wasn’t fluent by any stretch of the imagination, but as a comedian in this day and age it was his duty to learn to swear in as many alien languages as possible and he did recognize the Regulan words that weren’t spoken in polite company, and he was fairly sure all of them had just come out of Yani’s mouth.
- Eve stood up and leaned over the desk, planting both hands on it and glaring down at Adam in a way that would make most grown men want hugs from their mommies. “And get your fucking feet off my desk.”
- There was a tattered white dress hanging from the hook inside her locker, gray with dirt and stained reddish-brown here and there, a few long loose black hairs clinging to the shoulders, and the inside of her locker was covered with words, scratched into the painted metal as if with steel fingernails. HELP ME, HELP ME, HE’LL KILL ME, SHIORI, COME BACK, COME BACK, HE’LL KILL ME–
I think that’s it.
I have had a good week. I finished the director’s cut of that SS*BB story that came out in the last issue, and the next chapter of 100 Candles is done and stewing prior to final fine-tooth-combing and having splash art done.
Did I mention that I finished fixing Chao Patties? Because I finished fixing Chao Patties. I could have sworn I’d mentioned it, but I see no such post.
There’s even some new crap on it, like some more freebies and a little tiny bit of fic set in the same sci-fi/thinly veiled RPS universe as my last SS*BB story.
Sooooo I wrote a little somethin’ for Shousetsu Bang*Bang.
Okay, it’s 20K words of little somethin’. My first two-parter ever! And it’s…
It’s, uh… oh God.
Obligatory warnings: contains guys doin’ it. Not safe for young people or my mom. Any resemblance to real people is purely coincidentaaaaaafuckit
Also, it contains v. pretty pictures by haitoku@lj.
If you like, please read the rest of the issue and show the authors some love.
And here, have some author’s notes:
Hopefully I’ll finish the damn thing over Thanksgiving! And then in a couple of months begin the monumental task of making it not suck!
(okay well the novel is not nearly finished, and since I am going to be AFInternets from the 26th until probably the 2nd I might have sort of padded the word count with the 17K words of completely unrelated sci-fi political slash/thinly veiled RPS I’ve written in the last week. Well, it was also an original work written during November and The Devil’s Messenger still has at least that much to go before it’s finished and I’m most likely going to finish it over Thanksgiving. I still wrote 52K words in less than a month. Suck it.)
Having acquired a blue 2GB one of these this weekend, I have officially retired the MD player from daily use. It will now live out the rest of its days in my writing office until it dies, at which time it will be given a hero’s funeral complete with 21-gun salute.
I have now written over 20,000 words of crap. I’m far enough ahead that I might be able to take a night off from the crap and work on non-crap soon. \o/
…is this many words now, I have already blown tomorrow’s goal out of the water, and I will probably finish the prologue, kill its main character off, and move into the story proper by tomorrow morning.
yeah so basically I am writing what is to the 100 Candles universe what Bad Twin is to Lost, it is stock J-horror and it is probably complete crap and it is so much fun. ♥